The first important difference that makes Safe and Trusted Canada different from other Sites is that we do not validate or endorse any business.
There is inherent risk in any business transaction and consumers need to know precisely that at all times.
We do not want to give anyone the idea that we are experts in determining who the consumer should select and that is why we clearly articulate this in our post on our website. See More.
An educated consumer can do the following.
- They can make comparisons and weigh options based on research.
- They want choice. They do not want someone suggesting who they should choose by eliminating choice.
- They rely on word of mouth from their close family and friends, but also have the ability to make their decisions.
- They are internet savvy. They can look at reviews and understand that not all reviews are accurate or real.
- They only believe what they can verify for themselves. They can shortlist selections but want verification by more than just a website.
- Trust to them in today’s world means more than a business being on a website. They want to know that when they are spending potentially thousands of dollars, they need to have more than just one source of information.
- They have the ability to ask questions and get answers. If the business owner cannot answer their questions or thinks that their questions are stupid, then they move forward with someone else.
- They want things in writing for complex transactions. Contractors working on a renovation are one of those things that should be in writing.
- They want quotes from several sources in complex transactions, and if needed will consult a lawyer to review contracts.
- The educated consumer avoids a deal that it too good to be true.
- They never make a decision under pressure. A deal that has limited numbers, or only this week, or a special promotion lasting 24 hours is avoided immediately.
- What happens if things go wrong in major transactions should always be discussed and covered in writing. Delays, Poor Performance, Third Party Intervention.
- Lastly, they will appreciate good service, quality, and fair pricing, and they have the potential to leave reviews indicating positive experiences with businesses that they have dealt with and can recommend to others.