Each business owner lists the credentials they possess as a business and only the credentials they currently have in place. The business owner can add credentials to their profile at any time. As our database is public, users should be aware that government agencies are welcome to use our database to contact businesses who may not have all the qualifications in place for that city or province. Businesses are penalised if they list credentials they do not possess. A business that cannot support these credentials if challenged will have an alert put on their profile. See Alerts
There are no requirements for Information Only profiles because they do not have account access on this website.
We advise consumers to seek as many credentials as possible in shortlisting businesses that they may wish to use, including years in business, working with contracts, and references and testimonials. What do we tell Consumers? Look for Years in Business. Is Advertised Name of Business Properly Registered? Look for Contractors That Carry Worker’s Comp and Liability Insurance.
The business does not qualify for an account if they have a poor history with review sites or an F-Rating with Better Business Bureau. They will remain as Information Only profiles which are simply what the consumer would see if they research the business directly on their own.
The Business does not qualify for an account if a marketer for the business if the business email does not match with the business domain. Safe and Trusted Canada is not interested in marketing agents purely interested in Search Engine Optimisation.
If you are a regular business and not a contractor, consumers will probably seek the following minimum credentials in their selection process. See below.
If you are a contractor, consumers will probably seek the following minimum credentials in their selection process, in addition to those credentials of a regular business.
The Site automatically reduces the subscription to an Information Only profile should the subscription be cancelled. The business may also be archived. See When We Archive a Business.
Please Note That We Place the Following Content Into Every Profile.
- Information Only Profiles are as advertised to the public on the internet.
- The Site as a matter of policy does not recommend, accredit, suggest, promote, or validate any business. Consumers do that through reviews.
- Site Admin provides links to other review locations in the business profile that the business owner cannot delete or change.
- Check Better Business Bureau Report if available.
- Subscription types give business owners different advertising options, but the Site does not suggest that credibility determines subscription level.
- Users can use the advanced features of the Credentials Search to determine the degree of reliability for each business.
- It is the responsibility of the user to check the credentials advertised by the business.
- Notify Site Admin immediately where the business is advertising credentials they do not have, or information is not current.
- The company and the consumer entirely determine transactions with each other.
- Safe and Trusted Canada does not mediate complaints, issues, or concerns.
- Seek legal advice for complex transactions.
- Protect your interests as removal of the business may occur at any time.